Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Slave Mentallity

So just a few minutes ago a twitter account was brought to my attention. It belongs to a young white girl who has a deep hatred for black people. Yet and still she has black friends and a black boyfriend. What's sad about this is not her racism, thought ignorance is sad its a choice. What's sad is that the black people in her life still stand by her and support her. In not one of her tweets about black people has she excluded any of her friends or her boyfriend, yet these ignorant youths still defend her. This is what is known as a slave mentality. "Massa ain't so bad", "Massa been good to us, we should respect massa", "Massa is our friend". Get the fuck outta my face with that stupid step and fetch bullshit. If you are to stupid to see that someone is disrespecting you and everything you stand for and you choose to support that person, you need to wash your mouth out with buckshot. Some one said to me that the ignorance of others isn't my responsibility. THAT'S WHERE YOUR WRONG. I said it in an earlier blog, My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. Though I'm not old i have still seen, heard, and learned enough to pass on to those younger than me. I refuse to leave this world in the hands of a generation that doesn't know its history. It seems to me like we are going to have to fulfill Dr. Kings dream with Malcolm X tactics. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. I can no longer stand by and watch my people be disrespected, and treated like gutter trash. it only takes a spark to set a forest ablaze, don't let me be alone in setting that spark. It takes a village to raise a child. We need to get back to the village mentality we once had, we need to get back to being responsible for each other as a people. The bullshit that's going on in this world needs to come to an end, its easy to turn a blind eye and have the thought process that it doesn't effect you. But what will you do when your loved one becomes the next Trayvon Martin, or the next Troy Davis. Don't wait till the ignorance lands on your doorstep to act, start now.

2 comments:

  1. Amen...It starts in our homes. If a child isn't taught to love and respect themselves then they are going to end up letting others disrepect them. There is no way that any person who has any love and respect for themselves,would be friends with this person. It's like giving people the authority to treat you however they feel. Even in jest this chick is not funny. There is such a thing as a line that shouldn't be crossed and she crosses it. But Im not angry because she is a racist. When people show you who they are beleive them. She cannot help her ignorance, but you can correct her. I lived in Fayetteville for a short time and a young white lady thought because she was "down' with the people that she could use the word 'nigger/niggas' freely around me. I do not consider myself one, but I quickly let her know I didn't appreciate the word. All of my friends know I don't do the word bitch. It's not a term of endearment. Not for me, ( it's a fighting word) and I won't be "lovingly" called one. I agree the time is now. Enough has finally enough and this shit is real out here. I am not, nor have I ever been part of that "MANTAN"( Bamboozled)mentality and I demand the same respect that I give and if you're unable to do so please, keep it moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comment sis, so true. You have to dictate how people treat you. People will only do what you allow, them to. Im sure because her simple minded friends allow her to disrespect them she thinks all black people will tolerate it. i for one will not, and i am working on finding out how to get her page shut down.

    ReplyDelete